Thursday, May 10, 2012

What I've Learned in AP Lit

As I flip through the pages of my English journal, I have noticed that we learned a lot in this class. I have learned more things this year in English than in any of my English classes in the previous years. From allusions to sociological/philosophical approaches this class became one of my most interesting classes during my senior year. I am glad that I chose to take this class because it gave me a chance to learn about what literature really is and how much knowledge I can gain from it. Before this class I thought literature wasso boring and I assumed that I wouldn't learn much, but I was definitely wrong. In this class I was given the chance to learn about what a dystopian novel is and how to a write a sestina. This is a class that I will miss a lot and I will definitely carry the knowledge that I have gained from it to college.

-Jamie N.

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I too have learned many things in this class that I had no idea I would learn. One thing I learned is that literature can tie to our lives which is something I never thought that I would learn. AP Lit was a very enjoyable class for me this year.

    -Destiny O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in agreement as well. AP Lit has definitely been enjoyable. Out of my four years in high school, Mrs. Elliott's class was the only one that made me feel as if I were actually learning without the pressure of the points or grade the assignment would be worth.

    - Kristinah K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of you. I too was flipping through my composition book studying for the AP test and I realized that with all we've learned and no pressure from points I really wasn't worried about the test. I also noticed how this years study of different genres of literature and time periods really tie into my Art History class. I think that this is one class I will never forget
    -Aimee E

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I learned in AP Lit is that literature is alive and has a place in society everywhere.

    -Richard Won
    period 3

    ReplyDelete