Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Every journey is a reward

As senior year comes to a close we are all looking back on the memories of our entire high school experience. In class we are discussing how "the journey is the reward" and I can't think of a better example of this theme than what has happened in school. The classes we've taken, friends we've met, gained, and lost, relationships built and destroyed all contribute to the kind of person you are today. One of the questions that I know I have been asked by my teachers and friends quite frequently is "what would you go back and change?". Looking back on all of my decisions I can say with confidence that I am proud of my choices and my mistakes. Every time I have decided to do, or not to do something has taught me a lesson. These lessons learned are a reward in themselves because they will be able to give insight into the future, and they make sure that the same mistakes are not made twice. What we will take away from our high school experience will stay with us through college and the rest of our lives. Although most of us say that we hate Los Osos, we owe so much to this school. Without it who knows how we all would have turned out. As we enter college we must treat it with the mindset that each experience will be an important life lesson we will carry with us forever.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this post. It makes me think about everything that I've gone through in high school.

    -Jamie N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice use of the class theme! I might write something along similar lines now! I really like how at this point in high school we can all reccollect on everything we have done, and just smile. Cool post.
    -Kyle Fischer

    ReplyDelete