Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sestina Poem (More or less humorous love poem)

This poem doesn't really have a title.  Here it goes.

Believe that our love is like a restaurant
Our passion tastes good to the soul; almost finger licking
Make your choice because when you bite this apple
I will be cooking up romance in our love's kitchen
Believe that I love you, when I'm sick you are my noodle
Never forget the kisses; sweeter than apple pie

You are the root of my complicated soul, like the root of pie
And our love makes me want to close my restaurant
If I left us alone, I would be out of my noodle
We are a form of ice-cream, the only God is licking
I'm thinking very hard as I sit in the kitchen
Love is very much healthy, as long as you are my apple

Snow White was under a spell when she bit the apple
Well you've had me under a spell since I bit your pie
Passed out under the influence of you, in the kitchen
I bet you made that in your restaurant
Your attitude is cold like a popsicle and I'm glad to be licking
We're attached, fragile but firm, by love's noodle

The necklace I gave you kind of looked like a noodle
You're so beautiful, I saw you on Twitter through my apple
Am I wrong for saying that? Go ahead give me a licking
Too smart for me, you say I should digest in pie
As long as you make it like they do in the French restaurant
Because the chef was making it happen inside his kitchen

I was writing a letter in the kitchen
I kept glancing at the Top Ramen noodle
When I make those I feel like I own a restaurant
Well I do, but only on the app on my apple
My heart rate is 3.14 just likie pie
You make it that way; you deserve a licking

So fulfilling and now I am licking
My plate from your restaurant's beautiful kitchen
Tasted so sweet because you are known for pie
And you give me something hot like a noodle
On a cold day now I just really want an apple
Anything to get into your restaurant

Believe me that I love you, when I'm sick you're my noodle
Cooking everything that's good inside your kitchen
Love, I hopelessly live in your, our, restaurant

-Jonathan S.

4 comments:

  1. Jonathan, this is hilarious and so sexual. I found it interesting that you kept true to the rules of the Sestina and didn't change pie to pi when you were referencing the mathematical constant. However, your last stanza, where you did break from the format, gave a really satisfying punch to the end.
    Good job,
    Travis S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. This was a very hard poem to write indeed, but I guess it kind of worked out in the end.

    -Jonathan S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! It had to be hard reusing all of the words I know towards the end in mine it took me forever to try and come up with something new.
    -Aimee E

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem made me laugh out loud! I really enjoyed reading it, and I admire you for going through with it because it turned out GREAT! :D
    -Kristen E.

    ReplyDelete